Susan Rawls Edwards grew up in South Carolina’s Midlands, in Leesville. She practiced with a large corporate defense firm prior to forming Gaffney Lewis & Edwards, LLC.
Before joining the corporate defense firm, Ms. Edwards practiced with a firm in which she represented state governmental entities in discrimination disputes through the South Carolina Insurance Reserve Fund.
Ms. Edwards also serves as a Special Prosecutor for the South Carolina Attorney General’s Office prosecuting criminal domestic violence
Insurance and corporate clients in areas such as premises liability, asset protection and products liability actions. Clients in domestic matters such as divorce, custody, visitation and prenuptial agreements.
- Campbell University School of Law, Buies Creek, North Carolina, 2001 J.D. (Honors: Member, Order of the Barristers)
- University of South Carolina, 1988 B.S. (Major: Business Administration)
- South Carolina, 2001
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2001
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina Women Lawyer’s Association
- National Association of Minority and Women Owned Law Firms (NAMWOLF)
- Legal Elite of the Midlands, 2010, 2011 and 2012, Family Law
- 2014 Best Attorneys in the Midlands – Columbia Metropolitan
- Top 10 Family Law Attorneys in SC – NAFLA
- Attorney General’s Office Pro Bono
- Domestic Violence Columbia Classical Ballet, 2009 – Present (Board Member)